Thursday, January 20, 2011

MUSIC!!! (Homework)

 Music, what is music? Singing, and instruments? No! A way to express feeling! Or was is instruments and singing? Never mind, I'm sticking with to express feeling!  So music is many forms! Pop, Rap, Lady Gaga! I am not sure what category the Lady of Ga's music falls into! But Lady Gaga is cool anyway! So read on to learn about my favorite music.

Here is a list of my five top songs:

1.  Katy Perry, 'Firework'.

I like this song because it is empowering.  POWER!!  Some people actually think that the video is kind of odd.  I think it is pretty sweet.  It's telling people to be who you are and fight for the things you believe.  This song makes me want to explode in a thousand different colors because it's so beautiful.

2.  P!nk, 'Funhouse'

I love this song.  It's about female empowerment.  WE DO NOT NEED MEN!  If a relationship goes sour, kick him out!  Don't mope around about it, have a party and get a dog.

3.  Lady Gaga, 'Just Dance'

Again, this song is about being yourself and...DANCING!  She has all these problems, but she's forgetting it and just...having fun!!  Which is what I should do sometimes, but I'm going off-topic.  This song is, I think, pop.  What I love about Lady Gaga is that she is an eccentric and you can't define your music.  She was on the cover of Vogue wearing a bathing suit made out of MEAT.  This chick's hilarious. 

4.  TLC, 'Unpretty'

First, I would like to say Lisa 'Left-Eye' Lopez is dead, sadly.  They said they wouldn't make anymore new music without her, which makes me sad because she's gone and no more really good music will be made from this group. 

This song is about, again, being yourself and not trying to live up to someone else's expectations.  It's about self-esteem.  You can't be around people who don't like you for who you are.  You have to love yourself, not the self that someone else wants...the self that you are.

5.  TLC, 'Waterfalls'

This song says not to run after things that are dangerous and pointless.  Like a dog chasing a car, you will eventually get hurt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment